Friday 25 November 2011

For The Love Of Scarves!

SCARVES   I love scarves. They are such simple fashion accessory, yes just so damn wonderful. I seem to have built up quite the collection over the years. I'm not sure when i suddenly started getting into scarves, but now i tend to wear one pretty much every day it seems.






TOP TIP -
CHARITY SHOPS ARE FAB FOR FINDING CHEAP SILK SCARVES, AS WELL AS CAR BOOT SALES & MORE OBVIOUSLY ACTUAL VINTAGE SHOPS (HOWEVER THEY WILL BE MORE PRICEY)  

 Scarves are just brilliant for throwing on with a basic plain top to "JAZZ" it up a little bit in my opinion. 


MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE SCARF IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD: 





THIS is the scarf that i definitely get the most wear out of, i must wear it at least once a week if not more. I just absolutely LOVE the patterns & colours. 
I do have to admit it wasn't technically mine to begin with, it was my Nana's so therefore i love it even more now. I think this is the one accessory in my whole wardrobe i couldn't live without. 







 My leopard print Topshop scarf.
 This is another "vintage" scarf that was originally my Nana's, i just love the patterns & colours on them , so beautiful.

 MOSCHINO CHEAP & CHIC SCARVES  :

These two scarves i got from TKmaxx, they're just so cute & different.  Featuring Olive Oyl (Off of Popeye).









 THE MCQUEEN: 


This HAS to be the ULTIMATE scarf. 
It is just divine. I LOVE mine, i have to admit i actually purchased it the day Alexander McQueen sadly passed away as i was panicking incase they stopped making them  & i'd miss out on owning one, as i had always wanted one, so it gave me the push i needed to finally buy one - is that wrong? Anyways i bought mine from Net-a-Porter, they were selling out pretty quickly on there that day, so clearly i wasn't the only one who rushed to buy this classic McQueen piece. 


While i do like the coloured scarves, i think with pieces like this you are better off choosing more traditional / classic colours - unless your loaded in which case buy one in every colour.. 


It is just the most beautiful delicate scarf in the world! And it has skulls on it.. what more could i want?! It is also the most expensive scarf i have ever & will ever probably own. 
£165 worth of scarf heaven!


I have to add that the cashmere blend McQueen scarves look gorgeous, but for a hefty £245!!






I'm sure i'll post some more about my scarves in the future..  But that's my scarf post over for now!


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are always gratefully received and i try to reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...