Thursday 8 December 2011

Christmas Wreath

I have just got back from my second W.I (women's institute) meeting & absolutely LOVED it.
We made Christmas wreathes & this is a picture of my efforts- one of it starting to take shape & then the finished wreathe (or Welcome Ring!) .

I've decided im just gonna use mine as a table decoration, maybe with a candle in the middle as I don't trust the wind not to ruin all my efforts if I hang it up outside .

I decided to add some glittery decs to mine & silver jingle bells . I have to say everyone's looked fab, the more natural ones with berrys & pine cones looked gorgeous.

It surprised me how easy & simple it was to make one & actually make it look quite good! Plus not to mention cheap, as all the foliage was free from gardens & hedges!
We paid £2.50 each for the oasis rings , which I think is good value!

Apparently if I water it a bit each day then it should (fingers crossed) last till Christmas ! It's a shame really that you can't somehow dry them so that you can keep them for each year . But I guess it'll be fun to do different theme s each year, I think I'll definitely make more of them now I know how easy they are!

I watched Kirstie Allsopp's handmade Christmas today & it really irritated me (well she did). I can't even explain why.. I think it's jealousy, because I wish I was more crafty & could just make heart garlands out of left over "rags" that I have lying about.. But I don't have a bag full of "rags" of material lying about or a glue gun etc etc etc..

Anyways I'm very proud of my first ever handmade christmas wreath!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are always gratefully received and i try to reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...