Sunday 19 February 2012

Whose That Girl?

Emily's TV show recommendation: NEW GIRL! 





Okay, let me start of by saying this is NOT the new Friends. But there never will be a new Friends, nothing will ever compare. I've never really understood this whole assumption that if there is a new US sitcom then it must be trying to be the new Friends.
In my opinion, it is, i guess in a way an 'iconic' tv show. It was THE television show of my generation growing up as a teenager. And there never will be another romance like Ross & Rachel! 


However despite all of the above the new US comedy New Girl is delightful. It centers around a quirky girl named Jess with a penchant for singing (Zooey Deschanel aka face of Rimmel) who finds her boyfriend has been cheating on her therefore she has to strike out on her own & finds herself moving in with 3 guys...






Now while its not particularly laugh out loud hilarious all the time, it is certainly sweet & something different. And with cameo's so far from Justin Long & Ryan Kwanten what is not to like!?
Plus Zooey Deschanel plays the role perfectly, she is just ADORABLE. 


I think a lot of the storylines are things that you can relate to  yourself aswell which helps.
My only slight niggle with this show is that i find myself, on a daily basis singing the theme tune in my head. I just can't get rid of it! 

Check it out! 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are always gratefully received and i try to reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...