Sunday 27 May 2012

Last Week


I've been a bit lacking in my posts recently! Need to get on top of posting every day again! 
 
Anyways, what have i been upto? Well last night i went to a Eurovision Party - it's a bit of a tradition amongst my friends and i, mainly because i love Eurovision and HAVE to watch it every year.. so for the occasion i decided to bake some 'UK' cupcakes in my support for The Hump..  I think it was very disappointing how low both the UK & Ireland came!
 
Uk cupcakes!
 
In other news i ordered some childrens books for Theo from Amazon : 
 
Dear Vampa / Tumford The Terrible / Six Dinner Sid / Russell The Sheep / A Dark Dark Tale / Peace at Last / In The Haunted House / Mog The Forgetful Cat
 
I love buying new childrens books for him, and it's meant that i've discovered some brilliant new reads  - Tumford, being my favourite so far which is about a cat who won't apologise for it's naughty behaviour, i'd not heard of it before having a browse on Amazon one night & it's got lovely illustrations. As well as new reads, it's also meant i've rediscovered some of my childrens books! 
I am pretty determined that Theo is going to love Halloween as much as me, it will be a major disappointment if he's not! Hence the Haunted house book & Dear Vampa which is a tale of a family of Vampires & Werewolves! 
 
With this in mind once i found out that there was a childrens book of Nightmare Before christmas, i just HAD to get it! 
 
 

It is absolutely beautifully illustrated by Tim Burton himself, and it's actually a full length poem that inspired the film. It's really lovely to read with all it's rhymes, and especially if you love all things Halloween like me! It's a hardback edition so i'm hoping it will be a book that is treasured for years to come.
I'd never seen this in any book shops, so i think it must have just been available in America.

Do you have a favourite childrens book?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are always gratefully received and i try to reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...