Tuesday 10 April 2012

Oooh, Controversial!

I have just read a quite bizarre article from the Daily Mail website: Alicia Silverstones controversial feeding method
I wasn't even aware that she had made a video showing the way in which she feeds her son who by the way is called the ridiculous name of Bear Blu... but anyways now i am, and i have to say i find it utterly bizarre. Basically actress Alicia Silverstone (who was Cher in Clueless FYI) chews food for her son who is 11 month old and then passes it to him to eat himself using her mouth - pretty similar to how mother birds seem to regurgitate food for their chicks. 
How truly strange? I don't really think i will try this particular weaning method with my baby boy Theo!

I don't even know why you would feel the need to pass food onto your baby like this when their are blenders and jars of pureed baby food available? 
 I'm not sure it even has any benefits?! In what way would her son be benefiting from pre-chewed food!
I know i certainly wouldn't want to eat food that had first been chewed by someone else! 

Bizarre! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are always gratefully received and i try to reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...